Study Purpose: The purpose of this study is to enhance our understanding of wellbeing of early childhood special education teachers and their experiences in the field as well as your profile on certain positive psychology variables (e.g., wellbeing, mental health, and workplace satisfaction).
Who can participate?
- Are an early childhood special education teacher serving children 3 years to 8 years old
- Hold a special education and early childhood licensure from one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia
- Teach in early childhood special education in preschool settings (push in our pull out/ public and non-public setting
You can participate!
Why should I participate?
By participating, you have the opportunity to share your experience. You will help people better understand early childhood special education teacher’s wellbeing.
What can I expect if I participate?
There are two parts to this study:
- Survey: A 20-minute survey will ask about (1) demographic information (2) individual profile on teacher and general well-being scales and then a career wellbeing scale and (3) profile of mental health symptoms (depression and anxiety inventories)
- Interview: If chosen a one-hour interview will be conducted at a place of your choice.
The consent form will provide you with more information about what to expect.
Consent & Confidentiality:
Participation is voluntary, and you will complete a consent form. Consent can be withdrawn at any time without penalty. All information obtained is strictly confidential. Please see the consent form for additional information about risks to confidentiality.
About the researcher:
Heather Walter is a doctoral student in special education at George Washington University in Washington, DC. She is interested in learning about early childhood special education teacher’s wellbeing. The dissertation is titled: Exploring early childhood education teacher’s wellbeing through a multidimensional framework: A Mixed Methods Study.
For additional information contact: Heather Walter: email@example.com or (585) 451-6043