Tuesday, Sept. 16, 201412:30–2 p.m. EDT
Join the Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services CMS and the Medicaid-CHIP State Dental Association MSDA for the Building a Partnership between Medicaid and Head Start webinar on Tuesday, Sept. 6 at 12:30 p.m. EDT. It is the eighth installment of the CMS Learning Lab: Improving Oral Health Through Access. Participants will learn about Head Start dental requirements and how Medicaid can help meet childrens needs. Discover the benefits of collaboration through examples from the Pennsylvania Head Start Association.
State Medicaid programs offer insurance to pregnant women, people with disabilities, and seniors. The Childrens Health Insurance Program CHIP also is a state-run health insurance program. It covers children from families who do not qualify for Medicaid but who cannot afford private insurance.
Topics for the webinar include:
- Understanding the federal Head Start infrastructure and dental requirements
- Oral health resources from the Administration for Children and Families and the Office of Head Start
- Step-by-step process used in Pennsylvania to build a partnership between Medicaid and Head Start
- Elements of Pennsylvania’s collaborative intervention and lessons learned so far
Guest faculty for this webinar include:
- Marco Beltran, DrPH, Head Start program specialist, Office of Head Start, Administration for Children and Families
- Paul R. Westerberg, DDS, MBA, chief dental officer, Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare, Office of Medical Assistance Programs
- Amy Requa, MSN, CRNP, oral health coordinator, Pennsylvania Head Start Association
Who Should Participate?
This webinar will benefit an array of audience members, including: Head Start and Early Head Start health managers and staff; Medicaid and CHIP liaisons; and anyone else interesting in building and supporting these partnerships.
How to Register
To register, select the link: https://event.on24.com/eventRegistration
Source: National Center on Health