The Build Initiative has redesigned their website!
The BUILD Initiative works with early childhood leaders within states and nationally to better prepare young children to thrive and succeed. We support state leaders from both the private and public sectors as they work to set policy, offer services and advocate for children from birth to age five.
Specifically, the BUILD Initiative helps state leaders develop an early childhood system – programs, services and policies tailored to the needs of the state’s unique young child population. This work focuses on connecting programs and services that may have functioned in isolation, been redundant, lacked resources to meet critical needs and/or operated at cross-purposes.
With BUILD support, states also:
- Reform existing statewide systems.
- Strengthen local programs.
- Test new models.
- Pilot national projects.
- Strengthen their commitment to diversity, equity, and cultural and linguistic inclusion.
Using this systems approach, states can more effectively prepare young children to succeed by helping their families access:
- High quality early learning
- Family and parenting support
- Early intervention for children with special needs and
- Comprehensive health, mental health and nutritional services
Source: The Build Initiative
Available at: www.buildinitiative.org