- What fiscal year does the sequestration affect?
- As a grantee, how do I know what fiscal year (FY) funds I am currently operating?
- What is the exact amount of the sequester reduction?
- What flexibility does the Office of Head Start have in making reductions?
- What flexibilities do programs have to absorb the sequester reduction?
- Can programs reduce enrollment?
- If we have Head Start and Early Head Start, do we have to take equal cuts across both programs?
- Will the reduction be taken on the extensions through June 30, 2013 for current grantees in competition through Designation Renewal System (DRS)?
- Is this a temporary cut?
- What guidance can we expect from our Regional Offices and what will be required of us moving forward?
- Will sequestration delay or stop the Designation Renewal System (DRS)?
- Will sequestration stop monitoring?
- Will it be allowable for grantees to combine positions at the administrative level to absorb the cuts?
- If grantees have to make quick changes in their programs to implement the reduced funding level, and we can only do it by making program cuts, will we have some relief on the allowable administrative rate requirement (15 percent)?
- Is it allowable to shorten the number of weeks per year for home-based programs this program year?
- Are there special issues full-year programs need to consider?
- Can grantees use training and technical assistance (T/TA) funding for operations?
Source: Early Childhood Knowledge and Learning Center
Available at: http://eclkc.ohs.acf.hhs.gov/hslc/tta-system/operations/mgmt-admin/planning/grant/faq.html