CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Phase Two of the Healthy Weight Collaborative
The Prevention Center for Healthy Weight, a 30-month cooperative agreement funded by the Affordable Care Act Prevention and Public Health Fund, is pleased to announce the release of the Call for Applications for community teams to participate in Phase Two of the Healthy Weight Collaborative. The Healthy Weight Collaborative is a national quality improvement effort to test and spread evidence-based interventions and promising practices to prevent and treat obesity.
Who Should Participate
Phase Two will bring together 40 multi-sector teams comprised of representatives from primary care, public health, and the community to engage in a virtual learning community from late February 2012 to February 2013.
Benefits for Phase 2 Teams
- Extensive training and technical assistance via experts in quality improvement and obesity
- Opportunity to build quality improvement knowledge and capacity that can be applied in many areas beyond the project
- Access to evidence-based promising practices in obesity prevention
In addition, each Phase Two team will receive a minimum of $4,000 to support data collection and other information technology capabilities needed to participate. This is not a traditional grant program.
Application deadline is January 27, 2012 at 3:00 pm EST
Teams will be announced on February 28, 2012
How Do I Apply?
Select this PDF link for additional information. To apply, select the link below: http://www.collaborateforhealthyweight.org/Take-Action/Join-the-Collaborative.aspx.
Phase Two Recruitment Priorities:
- Geographic distribution: Urban, rural, tribal, and underserved communities with health disparities
- Target communities: Tribal, faith-based, intergenerational and women’s health
- IT capacity (or access) to participate in the virtual collaborative, including webinars and videoconferencing
- The inclusion of community health workers, promoters, patient navigators, and other lay members
- Teams interested in mHealth and innovative technology (text messages, smart phone apps, layered GIS mapping, other innovative approaches)
For more information about the Healthy Weight Collaborative and the Collaborate for Healthy Weight initiative, please visit the project’s website at www.collaborateforhealthyweight.org. If you have additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Becca Lipman at 617-391-2700.
Source: Early Childhood Learning and Knowledge Center